Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Not Ashamed to Blame


Torrential rain, a flooded tent and an alarming forecast necessitated that we pack up hastily and leave Orchid Campsite #39 in the Manistee National Forest last Saturday, just a day after arriving, cutting short our family’s end-of-summer camping weekend.

I blame the GOP.

Anita and I took our stresses out on each other Saturday night and had a nasty fight. We’re in that tender phase of reconciliation right now.

I blame the GOP.

The President of the United States came to the Motor City for Labor Day – something that used to always excite and draw me to the D – and I couldn’t care less.

I blame the GOP.

I’ve gone from looking forward to signing into Facebook and visiting my favorite blogs and websites to dreading it because of all the posts and information about what Congress and the POTUS are doing to, and not doing for, the people of this country.

I blame the GOP.

I don’t talk with my aging parents half as much as I should and haven’t seen them in more than a year.

I blame the GOP.

I’m officially estranged from my firstborn daughter and my younger sister, and never speak with my two stepsisters or their partners, two nephews, a niece, my maternal aunt and uncle or two maternal cousins.

I blame the GOP.

I’m overweight and out of shape, and have reached the age/stage where my children are embarrassed if I mow the lawn without a shirt on.

I blame the GOP.

Our two new Maltese puppies are having a hard time with the house-training thing and repeatedly choose a spot right next to my computer at which to express their inability to grasp the concept.

I blame the GOP.

I’ve lost interest in my favorite television shows, books and magazines and listen to music only sporadically now.

I blame the GOP.

I’m more short-tempered and less tolerant than I used to be, quicker to get angry and slower to apologize when I‘m wrong.

I blame the GOP.

People who insist that assigning blame is a useless exercise are wrong. I feel better already.

No comments:

Post a Comment