Thursday, December 8, 2011

We're so proud of our governor

Photo courtesy Detroit Free Press

Michigan State University just conducted a survey that found my state’s governor, Rick Snyder, has the lowest approval rating of any governor in the nation, with only 19 percent of state residents – only about one in five respondents – giving him a “good” or “excellent” rating.

Snyder’s popularity continues to decline; his approval rating was at almost 45 percent just after his election and over 31 percent last spring.

A2Politico.com points out that this is good news for Hawaii Governor Neil Abercrombie, who had the worst rating of any governor in the United States a few months ago, and Florida Governor Rick Scott, whose recent 28 percent approval rating is “positively glowing” in comparison.

I’ve blogged a lot about Rick Snyder because I think he’s a perfect representative of all that’s wrong with electoral politics today. He refused to reveal his plans and inclinations while on the campaign trail last year and a lazy electorate refused to care, selecting him over his opponent, Lansing Mayor Virg Bernero, on the basis of style rather than substance. As soon as he had the keys to the Governor’s Residence, he started revealing what he’s made of – and it sure isn’t sugar and spice and everything nice.

I invite you to sample previous posts about Michigan’s top dog:

My September 9 post was entitled “Rick Snyder makes Dick Cheney look compassionate.” On August 23, I wrote a post entitled, “So Snyder’s sinking.” A few days earlier, on August 19, I titled my post, “Walker, Kasich and Snyder? Oh, my!” My August 11 post was titled, “Snyder squeezes state employees,” and on June 23, I wrote a post entitled, “Look out, Snyder! Sugar Law is on the Case.

There are around 14 other less-than-complimentary posts about Snyder here at “What’s the Diehl?” – feel free to use the blog’s search function. The guy fancies himself a “tough nerd” making the difficult choices for Michigan but in reality he’s just another greedy, myopic conservative who lies, spins and mischaracterizes while robbing from the poor to give to the rich.

I told a friend the other day that I’m becoming my own grandmother, who used to tell me years ago that all politicians are crooks who are just it in for themselves and she doesn’t trust any of ‘em. Too bad no one ever surveyed my grandma when she was alive. She would have given the pollster an earful – and she wouldn’t have been kind about Rick Snyder.



Sources: Mlive.com, A2Politico.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment